I have found that it has been extremely difficult trying to maintain a regular 9-5 commuting schedule with two special needs children. So, I decided to go another route and seek employment from home.
There are plenty of companies that allow their employers to work remotely, but it comes with a few mandatory rules to ensure that work will get done. You should have a:
- quiet and distraction free work environment
- high speed internet (no WiFi depending on the certain company rules)
The benefits of working from home are endless. I am not sure where you are located, but when it snows I am very thankful that I do not have to drive in it! Other benefits include:
- wear what you want
- save a TON of money on fast food and gas
- be better at working independently
- avoid office distractions
- did I mention you don’t have to commute??????
Here are a few companies that are hiring for remote workers at this time:
Most employers do provide you with equipment, but if they do not they will let you know what you need to have in order to proceed.
I feel that being able to work from home has lifted a big weight off of my shoulders. I hope this helps for you as well!